× Search


Does Boonton require an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number?

Yes, Boonton requires RMA numbers on all returns. This number can easily be obtained by using our on-line calibration wizard.

RMA numbers can also be obtained by either calling Boonton at 973-386-9696 or e-mailing Boonton at Please have the following information available when requesting an RMA #: The model number and serial number of the unit, the model numbers and serial numbers of accessories being returned with unit, a technical contact and a detailed description of the reason for return (include any data with the return that shows the problem).

Where do I send items being returned to Boonton?

All packages should be sent to:

Boonton Electronics 
9 Entin Road, Suite 101
Parsippany, NJ 07054-3702

Please mark the package to the attention RMA #.

All mail should be sent to:

Boonton Electronics 
9 Entin Road, Suite 101
Parsippany, NJ 07054-3702



What decision rule is used for our Statement of Compliance for Accredited Calibrations?

Boonton uses a Binary Statement for Simple Acceptance rule for any accredited calibration. Please contact our Service Department with any questions.

Can Boonton certify the calibrations?

All Boonton calibrations are in accordance with ANSI Z-540 (Mil spec 45662A) and all units leave with a NIST traceable certificate of calibration.

Is data provided on calibrations?

Boonton will provide both initial (if applicable) and final data on all calibrations.

What is the recommended calibration cycle?

Boonton recommends a calibration cycle of one year on all equipment under normal usage.

Can Boonton calibrate and repair other manufacturers' equipment?

No, Boonton only calibrates and repairs equipment that it manufactures.



What is Boonton's new product warranty period?

Boonton warranties all new product to be free from defects for a period of 3 years.

Are repairs warranted?

Repairs have a six months warranty.


Sales Service

Can I get a demo before I purchase a product?

Yes, a product demonstration can be arranged through your local representative, or by submitting this form.

If outside the United States whom do I contact for sales and service?

Outside the United States you should contact your local distributor. When a unit is returned from outside the United States the customer is responsible for all shipping c[harges (incoming and return) as well as all custom fees and duties.



Are longer length sensor cables available for my meter?

Yes, please click on the appropriate data sheet for available lengths, and contact your local sales representative for pricing.

What is provided in the standard power meter voltage probe kit?

The standard probe kit consists of a high impedance RF voltage probe with a five-foot cable, probe tip, 50 Ohm BNC Adapter and a 100:1 Voltage Divider.

What is provided in the low-frequency power meter voltage probe kit?

The low-frequency, high impedance, RF Voltage probe kit consists of a low-frequency RF probe with a five-foot cable, probe tip, 50 Ohm BNC Adapter and a low-frequency 100:1 Voltage Divider.

When ordering a power sensor only, is the cable standard?

No, one five-foot cable comes standard with the purchase of an instrument.

Where do I inquire about a product?

You can contact your local Boonton representative or distributor to inquire about a product or contact Boonton directly by sending an e-mail or filling out our contact form.

What are data adaptors?

Data adapters are a device that is used with the CW sensors and probes on the new generation of Boonton RF power and Voltmeters. This device has an EPROM in it that holds the calibration data for one sensor or probe. The data adapter is serialized to match the corresponding sensor or probe that it holds the data for.

Do I have to use a data adapter?

The data adapter must be used to connect the sensor or probe to the unit. Also the serial number must match the unit you are using. If serial numbers do not match an error in reading will occur, this error can range from a small amount to making the unit inoperative if the data adapter is programmed for a different series sensor.

If I purchase a new sensor will the data adapter be supplied?

Data adapters are sold separately from sensors and should be ordered at the same time if your unit requires an adapter. This will insure that the data is loaded into at the factory.

Do all power meters require the sensor to have a data adapter?

Data adapters are only required on the new generation of Boonton RF Power and Voltmeters that use the CW sensors and probes. These units can be identified by the 10 pin input connectors.

Which sensor can I connect to my RF power meter?

The Boonton sensor compatibility list shows sensors and RF power meters that work together. The list includes current as well as discontinued products. If you need further information please contact your nearest Wireless Telecom Group sales and support center.

Can I connect a discontinued sensor to a current RF power meter?

Many of our RF Power meters are designed to be backwards-compatible with older Boonton Sensors. Please consult the sensor compatibility list for complete compatibility information. If you need further information please contact your nearest Wireless Telecom Group sales and support center.


Specific Product Questions

How many filters can be installed in the 1121 Audio Analyzer?

The 1121 allows two filters to be installed at the same time.  Additional filters can be purchased, but only two can operate simultaneously.

How many Modules are required for the Model 4300 RF Power Meter?

At least one channel module is required to make power measurements and there is a maximum of six.

What items are included with the 92EA RF Millivoltmeter?

A 92EA RF Millivoltmeter comes standard with a 5’ probe cable, high impedance probe (including tip), and a 50 Ohm BNC Adapter.



9 Entin Road, Suite 101
Parsippany, NJ 07054
United States
Phone: +1 (973) 386-9696
Fax: +1 (973) 386-9191

Contact Us

Back To Top